Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sound of Music

Believe it or not I finally saw the movie Sound of Music this past weekend. I have HD TV on my computer now and decided to watch things I normally don't watch just because it looks so good. I started to watch the Sound of Music and right at the beginning I could tell iti actually had a very good story to it. Over the years I have caught about ten or fifteen minutes in the middle and about the same amount three quarters into the movie. Now I have seen the whoole thing and was very pleasantly surprised at what a great movie it is. I 've always liked Andy Williams version of the song "My Favorite Things" and never knew it came from that movie.

It really makes me wonder how in such a short amount of time television and movies has gotten so bad. Although I do see some signs of improvement, it is going to take a while to get back to Hollywood doing mainly good movies, if they ever do.

No comments: